Sunday, June 17, 2012

MamaJo + Dbart's Nuptials

Two years after popping the question, Dbart is now legally entitled to call MamaJo his wife. As I type this post, their current location must be flying over the Atlantic Ocean enjoying some bubbly and the joy of being "official" to one another. 

As I walked through the doors of the Artifacts Room at the Liberty Grand, the ushers directed us towards the left where a room was filled with blue-accent lights and chandelier lights dangling from the ceiling. An open bar awaited for patrons after they made their way past Jo and Damian's engagement pictures and various servers with hors d'oeuvres. Jordan and I ordered our usual drinks and sat down on the white couches that were adorned with silver chandeliers. With all the decor in the cocktail area, I was only anticipating what the reception was going to look like. The couple and their families did a marvellous job with the detailed touches of the cocktail area along with the room next door which opened up to true class. 

When the curtains were opened to the crowd, the reception could not have looked any better with the blue-accented and chandelier lights continuing on to the other side of the hall. It looked endless. After the bridal party, Jo walked into the room holding hands with Damian, which was the first time I saw them glowing, relaxed, and extremely happy all at once. This day was a long two-year journey to finally sharing the moment with their families and closest friends. Jo's ivory-cream dress was designed by Vera Wang and was beautifully paired with blue satin heels and a bouquet of red roses which was a perfect contrast to her light skin. She looked absolutely stunning and sure met my expectations for throwing a party.

The best thing about the wedding wasn't just the open bar, the hall decor, the dress (although very pretty), or even the food that left me full. It was at around 10:30 PM where the garter was to be taken off the bride's leg by her groom's mouth - the party hit an extra peak of entertainment. I wished I had recorded the scene and I hope a guest uploads it to Jo's page. The newlyweds sure know how to put on a show! Jo and Damian's relationship is a playful, amusing and loving one and I am blessed to have them as friends in my life. A wedding at the Liberty Grand has never disappointed and this was one to top the charts.

me with the bride, MamaJo


the shoes

Vera Wang dress

me and my blue-eyed prince

love these two, congrats!


1 comment:

  1. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.
    Large Contemporary Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete