These past two weeks have been a tad uneasy to say the least. There is plenty of excitement going on in my home life, personal life, and as an employee, I must admit my work life is splendid. After confirming I had my paperwork which is needed to travel crossboarders, I arrived at the airport this morning very late and I only had an hour to check in, go through customs and security. My plane was departing at 8:05 AM. Luckily, there are nice people living in the GTA who helped me bypass lines so I may make my flight. After a four hour flight, I find myself in the desert state of Arizona, across the continent and the furthest west I have ever travelled from home.
Working from the hotel and putting in hours for today feels different and very much at ease. It is just me in the room and it is quiet. I waited until the lunch hour to pick up the gift surprise I had told you about in Foster the People blogspot. I have searched in Canada and in the USA for these beauties which are in my proper size and it only took two months after my birthday. Leaving my hotel and turning the corner to find a trolley waiting for passengers to come aboard for free. The trolley is a city wide service that is predominantly used to take people around the the city of Scottsdale visiting all the tourist places with pitstops along the way.
The trolley led me to visit Fashion Square mall where you can find high end stores as well as great sales stores and great restaurant options for a bite to eat. As I walked through the mall, plenty of stores caught my attention, but I was on a mission to find Barney's.
![]() |
| Louboutin beauties |
After some time in the mall, I boarded the trolley back to the hotel for a much needed shower. The weather is great in Arizona with no humidity that you encounter in southeastern Ontario but the summer heat is still in the high 100s (degrees Farenheight). Sweat dripped off my back as I waited for the trolley to come to a full stop and let the boarded passengers off first. The trolley took a different route this time, showing us the various street shops along N. Scottsdale Road which reminded me a little of El Salvador and San Marcos, Texas.
I was on crunch time to get back to the hotel because of the three hour difference from Toronto and I wanted to skype with Jordan before he headed off to bed. I miss him terribly even if I had just seen him this morning after waking up. When you are in a committed relationship and have shared many things together, you come to realise how much that person makes you feel when you are with them and when you are not. I love you baby and I'm glad we were able to use modern technology so I can see your face.
I am looking forward to this week as I am in Arizona for business helping out our sister office with some training and document management of the engineering projects being handled in Scottsdale. This is a learning opportunity for me and I am most excited to meet new Hatchlings.
See all my Ottawans next Saturday!


No comments:
Post a Comment