Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lobster Feast with a side of FIFA

This weekend was really busy for me as Jordan and I were rearranging our room and doing a lot of Spring Cleaning. I can see what people call it Spring Cleaning as some do purge a lot of things that are probably never used. As for myself, I can admit I fall into that category. I have filled two bags full for a donation to Salvation Army since I am in a position to donate to those less fortunate. I have loved my things dearly and when they were used/worn, they were my absolute favourite. Now, I must come to terms that some things are better to be donated or thrown out.

Today is a lovely Sunday compared to Friday where it poured in the GTA like there was a hurricane coming through the city. This day is perfect for the FIFA qualifiers match Canada vs. USA - but first, I will join my colleagues on a lobster feast. 

Days after the game:

I am sitting down days after, writing a continuation of my drafted blog post regarding the soccer game and lobster feast. It is always nice to see my colleagues and share moments with them since my close friends are living in Ottawa/abroad in Europe as it is very difficult to make friendships in a new place if you do not take the time to spend quality time with new people. These folks are educated, responsible, career-oriented but most importantly, very respectful. We had a great time cooking up three live lobsters for all to share.

Though it would have been a better time if Jordan came, it is nice to share some time apart at times. While sitting at the BMO field, it made me realize that I would much rather be home nestled in bed or cuddled with him. Partly because the game was not the greatest even though Canada played better than the USA, but mostly because I do miss him when we are apart. I wanted to come home and see him, but the game had merely just hit half time. Being with someone you love is a great gift and it does make you understand the meaning of selfless and putting the other first when decisions are to be made. Never take what you have for granted for you never know what tomorrow might bring. I can honestly tell you, I have the best boyfriend in the world whom I love dearly.

Love always,
Jessica xox


Holding up the live lobsters

Going for the first bite

Canada vs. USA FIFA qualifiers



No comments:

Post a Comment