For all you soccer fanatics, another anticipated tournament has just begun and will be closely watched around the globe for the next three weeks. I decided to watch yesterday's game opener of Poland vs. Greece at a local Boston Pizza with a couple of my colleagues. GTA workers are one of the craziest soccer fans and it feels good being in an environment when an anticipated tournament is showing on the television screens.
The game began with the ball being more on Greece's side as Poland continued to push and push demonstrating their hosting skills are not just about sharing the stadiums, but actually performing well in their pool. After about five mintues, the Polaks got around the greeks defencemen and scored the first goal of the tournament. The group of Polish workers sitting at the table next to us, got up and cheered so loud that they almost knowcked their pitchers of beer over. Yes they were very happy!
Right now, I am sitting down in front of the television watching Germany play a mean game against Portugal... and it is already a close game. No score yet but both teams are very hungry for a goal. Winning in this pool is important as it holds the consistent powerhouse of Germany and the latest World Cup finalists that is the Netherlands, so there is a lot on the line for this group.
I am more eager to watch tomorrow's match of Spain vs. Italy. This year's Group C pertains of two teams you see regularly in world tournaments and two others who are quite green. Ireland being the first time qualifying to this type of tournament may be a fan favourite but that game that will be played against Spain, the point will go to the Spaniards. I can say as defending champions of the last Euro Cup, Spain is my favourite and I will be cheering them on.
Here's to some great game of soccer,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment