Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pre-Birthday Shopping

Happy Saturday Lovelies! 

I woke up extra early for a Saturday morning and headed towards the Go-Train. My boyfriend decided to accompany me on my mission for a specific pair of Loubies in the city of Toronto. After arriving at Union Station, there was so much noise because construction was taking place for the Younge line between Bloor and Union -not convenient for downtown goers- and luckily we were not headed there. 

Getting on the subway definitely made me realize why construction was meant to happen that particular weekend we decided to shop in Toronto. The newer subways put in place by the TTC, are much more advance: all subway trains were connected as "one sole train" where the old subway trains are connected by multiple trains via heavy chains and sliding doors. While seated, it seems as though you are in a long-connected never ending train.

Caption: Traveling on the University line headed towards Yorkdale Mall. See picture (left) to witness the new and improved TTC subway.

Our mission at Yorkdale Mall was to visit two stores: Holt Renfrew and David's in search of Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather "Bianca" pumps. There are always three to four salespeople huddled together at this Holt Renfrew where they stare at you the whole time you are near the shoes. I asked if they could order the Bianca shoes since I did not notice the pair out for display but the lady told me my name could only go on a waiting list on a first-come first-serve basis. There was no way for me to give them a deposit or pay in full to hold the shoes since they did not operate that way. I then decided to leave and go see if David's had them. David's was another disappointment since they too did not carry the pair I was looking for, but the gentlemen did take my name down in case they were to receive the Biancas in their next shipment.

Bloor Street was next on my list since I knew the Holt Renfrew located there had a bigger selection to choose from. Walking on Bloor Street with my boyfriend reminded me why I love that street so much. Sephora on the corner, passing Mac, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's and Co., and finally arriving in front of the complimentary Valet service for Holt Renfrew patrons. Next time I will bring the Denali and have them park it at no extra charge! 

Simply standing on the escalator as it brings you towards the second floor is mesmerizing. The colouful decorated floor displays are waiting for you to browse through and receive the best customer service this high end store has to offer. Arriving to the shoe department at Holt Renfrew was like a kid in a candy store: very appealing to the eyes. That display not only had Loubies, but other high end brand names such as: Prada, Valentino, Brian Atwood, and it also had a Louboutin catalog for patrons to skim through. Then as I turned to the back of the display, there were the Biancas I have been looking for this morning. Eeekk Yes, I thought, and now hopefully they have my size 38.

Nothing beats the way Francesco treated me at Holt today. He not only came to my aid as I was looking to find a size 38 and not the 39 1/2 they had on display but he also let me look through the pink catalog as he went to the back to see if size 38 could be found. To my dismay, he did not return with a box full of shoes however, he did tell me a size 38 1/2 were available in Vancouver and that they could transfer them in for me to purchase here. The sides of my lips reached each side of my cheekbones as I said "Yes please". I will try them on and hope they fit me when Francesco calls me next week (they are expected to arrive just in time for my birthday).

Here is the link to the exact pair I want but mine will be in Black Patent Leather.
http://ca.christianlouboutin.com/shoes-1/bianca-120mm.html


I will definitely post them here when they arrive, cannot wait for my Loubies!!

Ciao, xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment