I have just woken up an hour past the time I thought it was: daylight savings time began this early morning. Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went to a colleague's birthday dinner at Brassaii where even the walk to the restaurant was something pulled out of a fashion runway. We parked the Mrs.D off King Street West in downtown Toronto, walked the two blocks where the purple sign spelled BRASSAI. Turning that corner, you see a stoned pathway leading up to a small opening with a red velour sheet draped over in an 'M' shape for the entrance. Walking up the stairs, the doorman opens the door and you are finally inside greeted by the hostess as she walks us to the table at the back, already set for a party of 10.
The restaurant was packed with birthday celebrations as if we had all agreed to give Brassaii business that particular night. Once the rest of the dinner party arrived, we ordered our entrees and additional drinks: I ordered oysters and Buffalo Mozzarella while my boyfriend ordered the Foie Gras and the Fettucini. Everyone seemed to like what they ordered and I especially loved my oysters, they were delicious, pre-shot and paired well with their signature sauces.
However, I wou ld say that everyone's dinner took almost three hours to arrive at our table - not the best service that night for a high end place. By the time we finished eating, it was roughly 11:15 and we ordered our bills instantly because we were not going to wait an additional three hours just to have dessert. Having a big group delayed our individual meals to be prepped at the same time and also brought to the table at the same time.

No comments:
Post a Comment