Sunday, April 29, 2012

MamaJo's Bridal Shower

Big Italian Shower...


As I was driving on the Gardiner highway, I reminisced about the first day I met Josephine. She appeared to be an all Canadian blond girl with a great personality and to my honour, she was of Italian descent. Jo and I clicked very well from the beginning, through cries and happy times that enabled our "Mama-daughter" relationship becoming our special bond. Today, I had the honour of joining MamaJo with her friends and family for her Bridal Shower at the University of Toronto.

Since her family is Italian, walking into this travel-themed event exceeded my expectations before even sitting down. The "flight attendants" (her bridal party) greeted me at the door, gave me some raffle tickets and ushered me to my seat 13C at the England table. The table setting was absolutely gorgeous with pink checkered travel cases situated in front of everybody (table favours to take home afterwards) and four forks with a spoon lined up for the upcoming four-course meal we were about to endure. 

The afternoon was filled with delicious meals, multiple raffles where I won the Martini Asti pictured below and lovely talks with the ladies at my table. MamJo looked amazing in her blue dress, pink facinator and pretty nude shoes which made me more excited to see her in the wedding dress in about 7 weeks time.

Winning item for Trivia Question
Myself with MamaJo

1 comment: