Little Stretchers in Your Life
When I am playing on the field, it is time to focus setting my mind to score the ball at the opposite end. People that know me well have been heard to say I completely change to an aggressive, determined and focused oriented player on the field. Throughout my years of playing soccer, I have encountered my fair share of good players who know how to move the ball around and the players who think they can cut ankles and legs just to obtain the ball. Soccer is an aggressive sport, only because 6-11 girls (depending if you are playing indoor or outdoor) are all going for the same ball. It can be a dirty game also as not everyone thinks the same or plays the same; your idea of a volley can be understood differently by your opponent.
Last week we played a game where the jokester walked in the field and planted himself on the opposite side of the field. He was going to be refereeing our game which was to begin next. I had first met him at work where his rough attitude and unpleasant remarks would not sit well with anyone. I knew he remembered me and I knew I had to watch my moves closely because it is a soccer game and what the referee says, goes.
Tonight's game was a much better game as my favourite referee was present. He is the Scottish man as the ladies on my team and I refer to him. It was a good game to pass, move the ball around numerous girls an simply score. I had two beautiful chances to score with my leg and my noggin. I must say, that if the shot with my head would have gone in, it would have been a beaut! Little London was also present tonight playing with Jordan and watching her mommy play. Little London may have only two and a half years of age but sure is flexible as a pro gymnast probably was at that age.
Little London teaching me how to stretch the hamstrings, see pics below:
![]() |
| London on the right trying to stretch with me |
![]() |
| Move that leg closer |
![]() |
| Finale: London gets her leg straight! |
Isn't she quite the fast-learner? I am going to tell London's parents to put her in soccer.... or in gymnastics.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
xo Jessica



No comments:
Post a Comment