after thorough reviews and testing...
A little over a month ago, I wrote about my very first experience at a Lush store after purchasing a few products. After having thoroughly used up some of the products I purchased that day, I can now state that I am a Lush junkie who has recently jumped on the bandwagon. Lush has been a part of some people's everyday lives where I only knew of it to be a strong-scent store every time I would walk by it at the St. Laurent Mall.
This is a rosy-pink thick consistency that is best used in the shower. I love it so much that I bought another black pot on a recent birthday Lush spree - simply could not resist! I usually grab a small amount (a little goes a long way) and place it all over my body, waiting for a good 5-7mins before rinsing off. By this point, I have combed through my conditioned wet hair, washed my face with my St. Ives Microdermabrasian Daily Cleanser and have rinsed off all residues from my body. Lush states to pat dry your body with a towel after using Ro's Argan as the waxy after-feeling is normal and doing so will leave the scent and moisture last longer. This is Lush's first body conditioner that leaves your skin feeling very smooth and smelling nice without having to use a moisturizer afterwards is definitely a keeper. It is a two-in-one type of product that deserves a 5 out of 5 stars!
It has a thick white consistency, rose scent and is best used in the mornings. At first, I was not sure if I would like the smell since it is quite strong for a cream made of rose extract. However, after several uses of this cream over my breast and neck area, I have noticed some firmness that could be as a result of my weight classes from the gym and/or because of applying this cream on a regular basis. Lush fans state it has firming particles as well, which I must admit, this cream is also applied to my thighs and stomach areas after long days at the gym, yoga and soccer games. I do this after a great workout because a non-physical "push" cannot hurt anybody :). The only flaw in this product for me, is the strong smell of rose extract and the sticky cream feeling that I must immediately wash my hands after applying this product. A 4 out of 5 stars in my book for this cream and it will be a definite re-purchase.
Sweet Lips is a Lush sugar scrub intended for the prevention of chapped lips and encountering smooth lips as a result. Lush claims Sweet Lips is edible and best results are obtain with daily use. I began using the product back in March when I first purchased it and must admit that I still have the same small twist-top pot that from that purchase. I have a likeable-hate relationship with this product due to having to apply several coats on my lips before feeling the product work when I rub my lips together. 2.5 stars out of 5 only because the packaging is cute, workable and can be tossed in my purse without it spilling everywhere. Also it tastes like vanilla and chocolate, two of my favourite scents.
Aqua Mirabilis was a newly discovered product - and very late to use according to some Lush fans. I was told by a youtube guru that the body butter helps with dark discoloration in the skin especially in rough edges of the body such as the elbows, knees and ankles. Luckily for me, those areas are the least of my worries as opposed to my armpits. After three uses, I have noticed significant reduction in dark spots that were under my armpits which has been a little concerning at times. Especially now that summer is around the corner, I want to feel and look my very BEST, and as of right now this is a 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Feeling your best does not always need to be as a result of material things or of a physical goal. Feeling your best can simply be as a result of an internal calmness where you just would like to sit down and relax in a bath or discover a good book to read. The Best of Me for this past month has been trying my new products and discovering the end results. Discovering that my patience and persevered consistency in using my beloved products have payed off in the end -not just in my physical appearance but in my everyday routine maintaining my body healthy and clean. "My body is a temple that I shall respect, protect and keep healthy" - JMV.
Have a Wonderful day,
Jessica xo
No comments:
Post a Comment