Have you ever felt your mouth to think a huge baseball must be inside my jaw to explain the pain. However looking in the mirror, you see a perfectly figured face staring back at you? This is as a result of an hour-long dentist visit.
I was not aware I would be receiving three fillings today because based on my last trip to the dentist two were left to complete, but of course after receiving my bill for nearly six hundred dollars that my insurance paid for, I was definitely taken aback. The pain which I am enduring while I type this post is the most unbearable pain I have ever felt -actually there was this other time in Ottawa where I had to get an endodontic assessment which was extremely excruciating- not even the extraction of my wisdom teeth hurt as much as my right side currently does. Placing the palm of my right hand on my bottom jaw and gently moving my hand towards my ear, I can still feel the tingly feeling from the frozen anesthesia that is slowly wearing off. As I glide my forefingers inside my ear, the feeling is as swollen as a cantaloupe, maybe because I am craving this fruit and cannot eat for another hour or until the swelling comes down. To my dismay it might have to be until the latter one occurs as I am terrified to bit the inside of my jaw and cause bleeding.
Dr. Lee is lucky I like her because regardless of my post-appointment feeling, she is the most soft spoken and gentle dentist I have ever had. I cannot be upset with her, even if she banged the appliances against the adjacent teeth at times, and for almost taking my forehead off with another one. She will forever be the kindest dentist in my books for having removed my wisdom teeth two months ago leaving me with a perfectly healed jaw and no sign of bruises as I had previously read in online reviews.
Side-swept mouth-ling,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment